Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Crimes of the South African Police Service



So this smart ass tried his luck on me today
Driving from Parys just before Grasmere plaza today at 15:30 and all of a sudden it is just blue lights behind me. Pulled over and open my window.
I'm on the road alot so I know the routine by now. First I noticed it is only one officer and not 2. Strange, but ok.
He walks up to my window and I hand him my drivers even before he could ask for it. He noticed that I am not alone and told me to step out side. I got out and saw him walk off to his car behind me and got into the driver seat. As I approach his window he gestures to me to go to the othet seat. Me being the good guy that I am do so, but this os not good enough. I was told to sit on the seat next to him.
When I got in he explained to me that he pulled me over because I was doing 180km/h.
This is when I knew what was going on so I started playing along.
Long story short. With his fine book and my license in his hand resting on his stearing wheel, he explained to me that I can either pay a R3000 spot fine or go to the Evaton police station. I asked for proof and he said that we would have to drive to his camera. When I told him we can go, he told me he hat the flu and wasn't up for it.
I then decided that I will be the cop today as he clearly is not worth the name.
I then told him that I have a Garmin dash cam with real time speed and location so I will compare my data with his. His jaw dropped and I took my license from his rattling hand. As I stepped out and closed the door to follow him to the "camera", he said it is ok and I may go. I said to him that I want to see and asked where we can turn around. He kept on saying I must leave it. I opened the door to insure that he doesn't drive away as I go to get my phone to take some pictures as I knew what was coming.
I took this picture and walked up to the door telling him that we can go to the camera now. After shutting the door he made a unsafe U turn over two lanes on the N1, over the grass middle devider and over the 2 lanes on the other side.
With dust and shame he sped of so fast I couldn't cath up with him.
I phoned anti corruption and layd a complaint with them. I'll have to see what happens to him and will update you.
I'm putting this on facebook with the hopes that someone higher in charge will see this from someone who shared it