Monday, September 24, 2012

Crimes of the South African Police Service

Professor Lotz offers R1m reward to Solve Case

Lotz offers R1m reward
2012-03-18 09:40
Marlene Malan, Rapport

Cape Town – Exactly seven years after Matie student Inge Lotz, 22, was murdered, her father has offered a reward of R1m for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the murderer of his only child.

Lotz’s boyfriend, Fred van der Vyver, 29, was acquitted of her murder in a drawn-out court case in 2007.

Professor Jan Lotz said he had lost all faith in the police. “The time has come for me to do something about the case myself.”

“Out there is a psychopath who killed my child in the cruellest possible manner. For 10 months we sat in court listening how police messed up the investigation… Somewhere there has to be someone with a piece of information to complete the puzzle.”

“For this I’m willing to pay R1m.”

Lotz said there were many questions regarding the investigation and subsequent court case that bothered him.

“I’m looking for the towel, which the murderer used to wipe up Inge’s blood and clean the bathroom floor. Then I’m looking for the magazine left by the murderer on her lap and opened at an article about someone in her circle of friends.”

He said he was willing to pay for evidence to be sent to an American lab for forensic testing. He said police had told him that evidence had disappeared after being removed from a judge’s office.

Lotz said there was nothing left for him but to search for justice for his child. “Before I die, that is the least I can do for her. No amount of money is too much for this.”

“I will never have peace if I don’t know who committed this terrible crime.”

Sourced from: news24.com