Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Crimes of the South African Police Service


Opinions
Letters - Ignorant Officers

Dear Editor, I would like to share two recent incidents of poor metro police activities.
13 February 2012

null
Current rating: 5 from 1 votes.
A metro cop parked his visibly marked police car in a disabled parking. He got out the car and was able to walk perfectly. My young child asked me if policemen were allowed to park in disabled bays. I didn't know so I suggested we ask him - which I did politely.  He swore at me and my kids then walked into a shop.
While cycling in Randfontein I noticed a clearly marked metro car with four officers. In the passenger seat was a child less than two years old- neither were strapped in.
My questions: Are our Metro officers trained? Do they simply choose to ignore the rules of the road and in so doing set a poor example?
Concerned