Monday, December 1, 2014

Crimes of the South African Police Service

Letter to Colonel Atwell Metu (Knysna Station Commander)

Yesterday, i sent this letter to Colonel Atwell Metu and Sergeant Chris Spies.
Morning, Colonel Atwell Metu.

It was disturbing to hear that policemen under your command were searching for me, not for long awaited communication or questions regards a case but because they were angry at my blogging. They were likely low-rung as many higher officers would not have gotten the wrong address (i’m too well known to many at the station).
It’s notable that i’ve made several requests to see you in recent months yet none have materialised. Please meet me in a neutral venue. I’m happy to meet one on one but we can also avoid any misunderstanding if we each bring a witness.
You should want to meet out of care for OUR Knysna – even a critic such as myself is suppose to fall under your protection.
Please start working with the public, not against us. This is your home too. Let’s strive towards a safer future for us all.
Sergeant Chris Spies, your spokesman, will have my contact details. Thank you.
PS: So there’s a record, i’ve posted this on Facebook and sent it to the KPH and a lawyer.
There was no response so i sent ansms this morning saying:
“”Atwell Metu, Mike Hampton here. You have yet to respond to my email. I’d much prefer us being friendly and professional. Let’s meet today. Please email or sms me before 8am. I state those forms of communication so that there’s a record. I’m available from 11am today. Thank you. PS: I’ve also sent this sms to Sergeant Chris Spies.”
That time wasn’t too early as shift change is early.
At 8.30am on Facebook i posted:
“I contact you, Colonel Atwell Metu, the Knysna Station Commander. I do so publicly as there has been no response from you or your spokesperson, Sergeant Chris Spies. I wish to have a meeting with you at at a neutral venue to discuss several important issues regarding Knysna. One of those issues will be my own safety from the SAPS, another a possible murder. Do you believe in LAW and JUSTICE? Do you believe that you serve KNYSNA? Do you believe that good cops arrest bad cops? Or do you believe that you serve the SAPS before all of those? What do YOU believe? Hopefully you will tell me over a friendly cup of coffee.”
Thank you,
Mike Hampton