Thursday, July 5, 2012

Crimes of the South African Police Service

Testimonies on South African Police Service Brutality

Hi - I know how u feel - i went through the same thing last year, i was walking to my friends place at abt 08H25 PM - when they stopped and started accusing me of being a prostitute when i protested and asked them how can they even think that a female police officer slapped me when i tried to defend myself of such injustice the male also started kicking me in the back continuosly , because i was struggling to get away and at the same time protect myself they use pepper spray on me during that time the woman was still beating at me , i was angry and upset , the male pfficer sprayed me again and when i protected my eyes from the spray the male officer dragged me to the police vehicle like a dog - i had never experience such unfairness and brutality, the pepper spray was used on me again by a white officer because i did not want to be put in hand cuffs because they had nt told me if i was arrested and for what . i was charged with assault but my case never went to court as i was let out the next morning at the benoni magistrate court without having had a chance to have my say. i was writing that day at 08h30 at UNISA ans because of that i wasnt able to - i spent abt 6 months with a painful death but emotionally i am still a mess. i dont trust the police officers one bit even if i have a problem i dont think i would even bother myself with calling them - i am just thank ful that i was nt raped. i consulted a friend of mine working in the actonville police station who then went to check my file he came back and told me that they changed the charge to public drinking (i hadnt drank for a year) - i was even denied the right to call someone to come and help - I HATE THEM TO BITS (This all happend in Benoni- those officers there are useless and incompetent)