Thursday, November 15, 2012

Crimes of the South African Police Service

Police need to answer questions
22 August 2011

Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on printShare on googleMore Sharing Services0ON August 9 2011 my daughter was involved in a hit-and-run accident on the corner of Beetlestone Road and Kobus Road and as a result lost her unborn baby.

The registration number and the name of the car were given to the police at the scene. The police gave my son-in-law a name of the owner and said the person lived in Kensington.

On Monday, August 15, almost a week after the accident and, only because I telephoned the police station to find out when they would take a statement from my daughter, a policeman came out to take her statement.

 She was then told by the police that the car was not registered to the first person but to someone staying in Seaview and that it was not the same model as the car which my daughter, the witness and the passengers in the car saw. Now my question to you Mr Policeman:

Why do two cars have the same registration number? Should you not investigate?

Why did you in the first place say the car belonged to someone in Kensington?

Why had the case number changed when I telephoned the police station?

Why was the statement only taken a week after the accident?

Why was a statement not taken from the passengers of the car?

I have written so many letters to the Gelvandale police station that, if you have answers for me, go via the newspaper.

In my last letter to you I asked you to educate the normal person as to what was crime and what was wasting the police department’s time as this is how the normal person feels when we report crime. In the last four years our family has reported a robbery, housebreaking and now a hit-and-run. In all these cases I had to beg for assistance. I feel you are denying my family the right to justice.

Mr Thornton of Seaview, who is the owner of an Audi, if you read this letter please contact me as your name was registered to the number plate and I know for a fact that you are not the person responsible as my daughter, the passengers in the car and the eyewitness know what they saw. A Corsa is a far cry from an Audi, Mr Policeman.

When it comes to my family, especially my children, I will leave no stone unturned.

Just another waste of the police department’s time.

A Beaumont, Gelvandale