Monday, March 23, 2015

Crimes of the South African Police Service

What Citizens are Saying about the South African Police Service
1.         
                   Reply
            Brandon

I was down at Inanda on Sunday, on the way up I was stopped by 4 policeman, one was a Warrant Officer by the name of Mchunu, not sure who the others were however the younger officer came to my vehicle and told me I was overloaded, which I was as I had 2 in the front passenger seat, I acknowledged, apologised and said I would make space in the back, he then proceeded to tell me my tyres were illegal and my vehicle was not roadworthy, however I asked him to look closer as they were not illegal as they had not worn down to the tyre indicator yet. This officer then said to me that he was going to arrest me and impound my vehicle for driving an un roadworthy vehicle, I told him that he must do what he must do. The officer then said to me “what are you going to do”, I responded by saying “what can I do”, he then repeated “what are you going to do for me”, I looked at him confused and said “im not sure what you mean” he then called me away from my vehicle towards the rear of the police vehicle which was a marked “Taxi” and repeated. I said to him that I am not sure what you are implying but if you want to impound my vehicle and arrest me then go ahead. he then sat inside the police taxi and wrote me out a ticket. during this whole event he was rude and obnoxious and it was blatantly clear he was expecting a bribe. these Policeman work Hillcrest station. you have to love it.