Sunday, March 23, 2014

Crimes of the South African Police Service

South Africa
Police accused of Women's Day brutality
South Africa
Sunday 11 August 2013 - 6:52am

August 11 - A Durban family has been left traumatised by a police raid on Women's Day. They're accusing police of planting evidence, stealing cash and brutality. They've now laid charges of theft and assault against the cops.

DURBAN - A Durban family has been left traumatised by a police raid on Women's Day.
He hurt me and I was so scared and I didn’t know what to do
They're accusing police of planting evidence, stealing cash and of brutality.
Police acted on a drugs tip-off, and stormed the house during a family dinner.
They searched every room, but when they found nothing, they allegedly became aggressive.
Daughter, Narusha Chetty said a policeman grabbed her by her neck and arm.
"He hurt me and I was so scared and I didn’t know what to do, and then they were talking to my dad and they were screaming at him,” she said.
The family has now laid charges of theft and assault against the cops.