Saturday, June 13, 2015

Crimes of the South African Police Service

Chris van den Bergh: My personal experience

I will relate here the most astonishing tale of police corruption and the subsequent cover-up by management, including top management, of the South African Police. Every word from me will be the truth, I will substantiate whatever I post with evidence. The gloves are off, so let the games begin.
Some know me as Chris, oom Chris, Kayo, some know me as Colonel Kayo, I am Christiaan Frederik van den Bergh, a South African citizen, an adult male. You can find me here on my blog, or my e-mail, afta@telkomsa.net or you can also find me during normal business hours at my shop, Accredited Firearm Training Assessment (PTY)Ltd situated at 219 Beyers Naude Drive, Northcliff, Johannesburg. My contact numbers are 011 782 1217, 082 574 5750, 086 517 8239(fax).
I firmly believe that I have a right to freedom of expression but also that I may not cause innocent people harm whilst exercising my right. I also believe that I must take responsibility for what I say. I can say pretty much anything as long as it is the truth. I identify myself because of what I believe.
Any person is welcome to comment on this blog. I am the administrator of this blog and although I believe you have a right to express yourself in any way you wish, I will govern, or dictate, or rule however I see fit. If you are abusive I might let it slip through, if you are anonymous and abusive I move your comment to the trash. I believe cowards hide behind anonymity from where they can stir the pot.
Facts, I like facts, especially true facts. I do not like innuendo, hints or “wild speculation”. Sometimes we have to speculate, but then it must be measured against other related facts, and tempered with good judgement.
I have a gun shop in Johannesburg and all gun shops are dependent on a proper relationship with it`s local police station.
During 2010 I approached the local police station and requested the officer in charge of the firearm licencing (DFO) to attend to my shop for inspection as his junior officer delegated with this task (Captain Charl Herman Whitehead) was not doing the proper inspections and has brought a number of firearms to my shop which appeared rather dodgy.
On inspection by the DFO and four assistants a full report was compiled and back at the station the suspension of the junior officer, Captain Charl Herman Whitehead, was discussed as it appeared that there was some dodgy dealings. However, the DFO was transferred, the captain stayed in place.
Captain Charl Herman Whitehead opened six case dockets against me between October 2010 and March 2011, with the cooperation of his friend and police reservist Marco Ishlove, declared me unfit to possess firearms and ammunition in my absence, he arranged and led a “TEAM” on an illegal seizure of 1469 firearms and approximately 48 000 rounds of ammunition from my business, culminating in my arrest on Friday 13th May 2011 and purely by coincidence bringing a High Court application to have my business declared unfit to possess firearms and ammunition two hours after my arrest.
I applied to the High Court for relief and won the case, I appealed the declaration of unfitness, which declaration was set aside by the Firearms Appeal Board ab initio. I submitted a written submission to the Director of Public Prosecutions and was successful, i.e. the DPP declined to prosecute me for any of the six cases opened by Captain Charl Herman Whitehead.
Slowly, ………..six cases?………………………. the allegations include the illegal possession of up to 513 firearms……………the possession of R1 rifles which belong to the SANDF, found in my possession……………..and the DPP declined to prosecute me, how on earth does that work? or in 2015 language WTF?
Easy, the affidavits were false, the policeman involved committed perjury by lying under oath, they committed fraud by presenting the false affidavits to the prosecutor and to the High Court, and they, in cooperation with very senior officers and legal professionals committed defeating the ends of justice by covering up the matter. They never seized any illegal firearms from me, they framed me by manufacturing false printouts of the alleged firearms. The DPP could not prosecute me because the allegations were false.
I opened a case of Fraud, Perjury, Defeating the Coarse of Justice, case number is Johannesburg Central CAS1150/4/2013, in April it would be two years since I opened that case. I still do not know who the investigating officer is. I have requested the National and Provincial Commissioners for the identity of the investigating officer with absolutely no result. See post called “Thirteenth Discussion Point”
The website includes a lot of the affidavits and correspondence, feel free if anything seems incomplete to ask, I have many more documents to post.
Watch this video and read the Founding Affidavit Page 15 paragraph 51 is where the description of this video starts. Read it and make up your own mind.
This video was on my desktop computer and my backup external hard drive. The policemen on the thumbnail confiscated my computer and hard drive and had it for over two years. They did not realize I had copies of this video with my attorneys, family, bank, etc.
Kindly read this and see how:
  • unethical SAPS members are guilty of Perjury and Making of False Statements under Oath, Abuse the Legal Process and SAPS resources for ‘personal’ gain, Abuse their Powers and has (will) Defeat the Ends of Justice;
  • how an SAPS Lieutenant Colonel who indeed attempted to act against these ‘criminal’ SAPS elements were overnight transferred (so as to prevent him for further actions?);
  • very senior SAPS members refuse to investigate the above as well as serious allegations of theft by member(s) of SAPS;
  • the same very senior SAPS members and a Brigadier in the SAPS Legal Services Department failed to investigate and take appropriate actions to prevent these lies being presented in High Court proceedings as well as in Criminal Court proceedings (i.e. the blatantly refused to inform the courts that the information placed in front of the courts by the SAPS members were lies and untruths); and
  • based on these blatant lies two innocent individuals were arrested and detained for seven days and a legitimate business illegally ‘closed down’ for nearly two years and four months.
Sounds hair-raising and just too farfetched? Well take the time and read for yourself how (in chronological order) the following individuals failed to do anything; even though the facts you are about to read were repeatedly brought to their attention (the documents place on this sites are exact axtracts of the documentation made available to the below named individuals):
  • Brigadier Johan Meyer, the Head of Litigation, SAPS Legal Services Department, Gauteng – from at least the 5 March 2011.
  • Colonel Swanepoel of SAPS Organised Crime – from before the 21 October 2011.
  • Major General Gela of the Gauteng Provincial Head Office – from the 21 November 2011.
  • Colonel Chris Prinsloo of Gauteng Provincial for Firearms, Liquor and Second Hands Goods – from the 21 November 2011. (This is the same Col. Prinsloo that was recently arrested by Western Cape SAPS allegedly in possession of illegal ammunition.)
  • Poopedi of IPID (then ICD) Johannesburg – from the 6 December 2011.
  • S Moleshe of IPID (then ICD) Johannesburg – from the 28 December 2011.
  • Colonel Simon Shabangu, Administrative Secretary to the Minister of Police – from the 17 February 2012.
  • General Rapudi of the SAPS Inspectorate in Pretoria – from the 17 February 2012.
  • Brigadier Pieters of the SAPS Inspectorate in Pretoria – from the 17 February 2012.
  • Brigadier MM Rossouw of the SAPS Inspectorate in Pretoria – from the 17 February 2012.
  • As he was then, the Honorable Minister Mr. Nathi Mthethwa, Minister of Police – from approximately the 17 February 2012.
  • F Beukman of the ICD Pretoria – from at least the 21 February 2012.
  • Brigadier M Victor, Gauteng: Provincial Head, Operational Coordination – from 11 July 2013.
  • Gen L.J. Mothiba, Gauteng Provincial Commissioner, South African Police Services – from 3 September 2014
  • LtCol Haasbroek detective commander at Mondeor, from October 2014, he informed me that he perused the case docket at Fairland, interviewed Colonel Chris Prinsloo and Brigadier Johannes Meyer and that he refuses to to investigate my complaint.
Admittedly, there were two or three SAPS members who at least tried to have actions taken to correct this:
  • Lieutenant Colonel Mc Intosh of SAPS Organised Crime – from as early as the 21 October 2011 – who informed:
    • Brigadier Johan Meyer, the Head of Litigation, SAPS Legal Services Department, Gauteng and
    • his superiors
of the lies and untruths but clearly Brig. Meyer and the SAPS are doing everything possible from not allowing the truth to appear.
  • Gen. M Petros, Gauteng Provincial Commissioner, South African Police Service who instructed Brig. Victor to investigate this on the 11 July 2013.
  • LtCol Alfred Mukhanu who initially reported the dodgy activities and was subsequently transferred and then resigned.
  • LtCol Maluleke, the station commander at Fairland. This gentleman arrived at Fairland long after this matter started but at least he has been relentless in his pursuit for the truth. To me he appears to be overly cautious but by all accounts honest.
All if the above SAPS senior officers failed to act notwithstanding that Section 13 (2) of the South African Police Service Act, 1995 (Act No. 68 of 1995) states that:
  • A member or members of the SAPS who became aware that an offence (inter alia but not limited to perjury, the making of false statements under oath and/or defeating the ends of justice) had been committed but failed to inform his/her commanding officer thereof as soon as possible.
  • Failure by the commanding officer(s) and/or other informed members of the SAPS, once so informed, to ensure that the necessary actions are taken to investigate the alleged offence(s).
So, why am I stating this in an open forum:
1.    Because the SAPS appear hell bent on protecting their own and in the process has and will continue to crucify justice.
2.    Because the named SAPS members clearly has no intention to prevent SAPS members from presenting lies and deceitful ‘evidence’ to the South African Courts or of acting against such guilty SAPS members. In other words, they have no respect for the truth, justice or for the South African justice system.
3.    I challenge the SAPS or any of above named individuals to challenge these facts in any South African Court. Such a legal challenge will allow me the opportunity to place what is placed on this website in front of such Court.
4.    The South African public – yes you and me – need to be made aware of how senior SAPS members view and act against deceitful and unethical members amongst their ranks; i.e. they protect them at all cost.
So sit back and take a journey through the unbelievable factual situation where the SAPS choose to turn a blind eye to inter alia, Police Corruption, theft by a SAPS Member, Perjury and Making of False Statements under Oath by SAPS Members, Abuse of Legal Process by SAPS Members, Abuse of Powers by SAPS Members, and Defeating the Ends of Justice by SAPS Members.
Chris van den Bergh
011 782 1217
082 574 5750