Friday, February 6, 2015

Crimes of the South African Police Service

Top police officer in sex scandal
November 16 2014 at 10:40am 

Johannesburg - A junior police officer is living in fear of her life after receiving threatening calls and messages – allegedly from a top cop who had fathered her 2-year-old son.
In her desperation, the officer has turned to National Police Commissioner Riah Phiyega and other senior officials for help. Captain Daphney Mataboge wrote an email to Phiyega in which she accused Major-General Mlungisi Menziwa of threatening her. She also claimed that Menziwa had threatened to destroy her career.
Mataboge has applied for a protection order against Menziwa and had to go to the maintenance court to force him to support their son.
When Menziwa was contacted earlier this week, he refused to comment. Phiyega’s spokesman Solomon Makgale said the matter had been referred to human resources. He said many meetings had taken place and options had been discussed.
Makgale said: “The kind of assistance she’s requesting cannot be provided by any employer. This is a private matter between two individuals. Any allegations of criminality must be reported (to the police).”
Mataboge said her bosses could not help her. They offered, instead, to move her to another department, but she refused.
“Why do they want to move me and leave the person that is threatening me? That is why I refused. I’m too scared. I need the bosses to intervene before it’s too late,” Mataboge said.
In an e-mail dated September 1, Mataboge wrote: “Dear Generals and Brigadier, I write this e-mail with a very painful heart. I went through difficult times where as a woman… I could not even ask for any help from anyone or report the matter at a police station because of the threats that I received from Major-General Menziwa. My son and I were insulted by people I don’t know; they even sent me scary pictures.”
Mataboge also claimed has received anonymous calls on a number “that I only used to communicate with Menziwa”.
“My life and my son’s life are in danger,” she insists. She was really unnerved in September when an unknown person sent her a nude photo of herself that Menziwa had taken when they were still dating.
She he received an SMS that read: “So just a friendly advice (sic) … watch your back always, because you will never know when the snake is about to strike, especially if you keep digging into its hole B***H!!!”
Speaking to The Sunday Independent this week, Mataboge said she’d been intimately involved with Menziwa for over two years, but things turned ugly when she discovered that he was having an affair with another woman.
Sunday Independent