Friday, May 6, 2016

Crimes of the South African Police Service

Knysna SAP and Court...


My recent experience, have shown me how the Knysna SAP, lack in giving advise in the event of an assault which occured more than 2 years ago..Firstly a certain female Sup told me NOT to lay charges-assault with intention to do grievious bodliy harm(criminal) as it had a 50%/50% chance of not succeeding in Court, secondly, never told me to see a District Surgeon to document the injuries correctly on a J88. Told me to see my GP instead-thus my evidence was thrown out of court! THen after 2 years of continous postponments, the 3 accused were found NOT GUILTY and got off scot free-WHY? due to a certain public prosecutor who could not prove our case beyond reasonable doubt-WHY? due to his lack of commitment and incompetence in the case!Oh, I laid a complaint with the NPA in George- National Prosecuting Authority- mid August-and eventually received a response on 1 Sept'11, saying '....The charge sheet is missing and still struggling to get it. We are busy investigating this matter, where after you will be informed of the outcome' and still waiting to hear from them.I have now forwarded my complaint to the ICD in CT..for further investigation.. How can we rely on the SAP and justice system in our pursuit for justice and protection? Why do the victims of a crime have to suffer when these people dont do their jobs properly..no wonder some crimes dont get reported..I have no faith in our judiciary system. One down, one more to go....will keep you posted.