Saturday, January 3, 2015

Crimes of the South African Police Service

ASHTON POOL AND ROOMMATE: NOW TERRIFIED OF COPS AFTER BRUTAL BEATING BY COPS

On June 11 2013, Eyewitness News received more complaints: from Ashton Pool and his roommate.-One case led to the arrest of two officers accused of stealing a bag full of expensive elctronics from Ashton Poool: arrested for a crossing a red robot in the dead of night ON DESERTED STREETS.(*Background: many South Africans fear stopping at traffic lights at night as the greatest number of assaults, hijackings and kidnappings take place at night at traffic lights.) Ashton Pool and his roommate were caught skipping a traffic light in the middle of the night, last month. During his hours of detention, he said, a police officer: 'ran up from a few meters and kicked me over a table. I landfed against a counter and then he came to hit me more'. The officer also threatened to pour boiling water on him. Pool said he had to leave his home and is battling at work. "When I put the kettle on I think of that and when I see a cop van I'm so paranoid, I mean these people are supposed to protect us.'

In another case a man was locked up and beaten after his fiance was accused of stealing a cellphone.

http://www.censorbugbear.org/farmitracker/reports/view/1196